Friday, May 28, 2010

IMPORTANT MINISTRY UPDATE

This update is to inform all of you that since my last neighborhood visit, the next day Wednesday 26th I was contacted by the "Bread for Life Food Pantry and advised that because of the "negative perception" of this woman Evelyn I told you about in my last post, they had decided that they din't want me to share the Gospel any longer while I was doing the food drive. Interestingly, even though the neighbor Deanna's testimony  had completely exonerated me of all the false and negative accusations of Evelyn, the food pantry decided that they were more interested in keeping there public image "untarnished".

Nancy Bendall was more interested in maintaining the mission policy of the food pantry of non-evangelistic efforts by any and all volunteers. I discovered in the conversation that the food pantry is very ecumnenical in their minsterial alliances (Mormons, Catholics, mainline Protestants,etc..) and they wanted to share their faith exclusively by meeting the food assistance of those in the community. Sadly, this one woman's (Evelyn) call that she had threatened she would make was all it took to convince the food pantry to disallow me to share the gospel in conjunction with the food drive efforts.

Consequently, I am in the process of trying to find a compatible ministry/church in the Troy area that I can "partner with" to continue with the minstry vision the Lord origanally showed me.I will not compromise the message of the gospel and soften it for anyone just to placate the conscience of those I speak with.

I have contacted the Calvary Chapel church here in Troy,MO. Their youth minsters have completed the WOTM evangelism training and have used it to some degree. I had convinced the pastor of this church to contact Living Waters minstry about 5 years ago and that reulted in Mark Spence (dean of the School of Biblical Evangelism)peaking at the church. The church has a community food bank of their own and are partially aware of my proposed plans and methods for continuing to open doors for Jesus in Troy,MO.

Please pray that I remain steadfast in my resolve to wait upon the Lord to open up new venues of ministry partnerships so that I can resume this vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment